|Bill - Of - Material (BOM)|
What is a Bill-Of -Material item?
1. An inventory item that is created as a "Group" type of item. It will contain other inventory items and must be marked as "Manufactured" and "Finished". The items it groups will generally be marked as "Finished" and "Purchased".
How to Enter a Bill -Of-Material Item
1. Add an inventory item in Inventory\ Items\ Enter Item Numbers that will be used to setup the "Group" .
2. On the options card this will be a Finished item and Manufactured.
3. After creating, go to Inventory\ Bill-Of-Material\ Enter Bill-Of-Material.
4. Select the item you just created, do Alt-A and enter the inventory items that will be contained in this group and the quantity required to assemble your Bill-Of-Material Item.
How is it added to inventory from on hand items?
1. Go to Inventory\ Bill-of-Material\ Enter-BOM-Assemblies.
2. Press Alt-A to add.
3. Enter the inventory item number you gave you BOM item. Enter your tracking number, (if this is a serialized item), quantity assembled , date assembled, and description. Note: You should not put an item that has a serial number inside of a BOM item. The BOM item should have the serial number instead. IE... Wheelchairs would not be serialized but the Wheelchair assemblies would be.
4. Your inventory change becomes effective after printing and posting BOM assemblies.
Bill the Item or It's Components?
1. To bill the components, the items used to make up your BOM must be Finished items.
2. To bill the BOM item, one of items it contains must be a Raw item.
Questions or comments regarding the website should be directed to the TeamDME!
Last updated: October 21, 2002