Sending ANSI Claims to Palmetto using GPNet
Section I: Connecting to Palmetto:
1. Double-click on the "Palmetto GPNet" icon located in the Electronic Claims folder. Click OK to continue, then Dial.
2. Once connected to Palmetto, type in your username when it says "Login" The login and password ARE CASE SENSITIVE. Please be sure to type in capitol letters. Next, type in the password. If you typed it in correctly, it'll log you in.
3. Hit Enter twice to get to the transmission screen
Section II: Sending to Palmetto:
1. Type U and hit enter.
2. Type Z to use Zmodem and hit enter.
3. Click on the Transfer Menu at the top of the window, then click Send File. This will open a new, smaller window. Double-click on the ANSIX12 or ANSIX12.837 file listed in that window (The difference in filename is based on whether or not you are viewing known file extensions). This should start the upload of your file.
4. After the file is transferred successfully, you should see a screen similar to: ***Transfer Completed Successfully***
5. Hit Enter to continue, than Q and enter to disconnect. Or, continue with Section III to download your reports.
Section III: Download from Palmetto
1. Follow steps 1 through 3 from Section 1 to log into Palmetto.
2. At the transmission menu, hit D and hit Enter
3. Choose Z for Zmodem.
4. Now, it'll ask, "Do you want to download all file in the mailbox? (y/n)" Type a Y and hit enter. This will download all the files in your mailbox to the download directory.
5. Type Q to quit and hit Enter. This will disconnect you from Palmetto.
Section IV: Moving and Printing Reports:
1. After disconnecting, with the Electronic Claims folder still open, double-click the "Move Files to Floppy Disk" icon. Please make sure you don't double-click on the icon more than once, as this will erase the files you just moved to disk.
2. In the electronic claims folder, double-click Step 4 (open reports)
3. Click File and Open. Where it says "Files of Type" change that to "All Documents (*.*). Where it says "Look In", click the down arrow and click on the "3 1/2 Floppy" icon. You should see the files listed on the floppy disk.
4. On the disk, you should some file names that start with some, or all of the following:
RPT - This is the accept/reject report. This will show you what claims were accepted and rejected. Format this report by doing the following: Under File and Page setup, change the orientation to landscape. Also, change the margins to 0.5. Click OK. Click on Edit and Select All. This will highlight the document. Lastly, click Format\Font and change font size to 8. Now, print the report.
RSP - this is the response report from EDI. No formatting necessary. Just print, if you wish to.
COMP - This is a compliance report. If this shows up, the claims file has been rejected. No formatting necessary. Just print
997 - This is an ANSI report. This report will show you if the file was accepted or not. Look for an AK9 record. There will be only 1. Click on Edit then Find. Type in AK9 and hit Enter. If it says: AK9*A the file was accepted. If it says: AK9*R the file was rejected. No need to print, unless the AK9 shows an R.
ANSIX12 - This is the claims file itself. Disregard this file.
5. After you've printed the reports, close the documents without saving any changes. Then, take the disk out of the floppy drive.