How to Print a report to a disk file instead of paper:|
1. Go into System, and Setup Printers. This brings up a window that shows current printers.
2. Press the "Alt" key and the letter "A" to add a new printer.
3. A prompt will ask if you want to add a new printer. You will answer "Y".
4. Using your arrow key, go down the list until you have hi-lighted "ASCII", and press "ENTER"
5. Change the Printer name to something meaningful, such as "AGED REPORT TO DISK".
6. Change the Device name to "DISK".
7. Change the File to something meaningful, such as "AGED". (Remember to enter 8 characters or less, and use no spaces. (Do not add an extension on the file name).
9. Enter thru the rest of the options until you have completed creating this printer option.
When you are ready to print something to disk, choose the appropriate printer that you have created.
This will put the output into the file you have selected. This file will be in the current working directory of the company in which you are working. In the example above, we would have a file called "AGED.DSK" in the working directory......IE........F:\SPECTRUM\DATA .
Note: the file extension "PRN" was automatically attached to the file name you entered by the program.
Going into your word processor, you would choose that file from that directory to print, just the same as any other document that you would normally process.
Questions or comments regarding the website should be directed to the TeamDME!
Last updated: October 21, 2002